The Department of Urology is committed to excellence in assisting patients to achieve their optimal level of well-being through dynamic and comprehensive programs and services.
Currently, eleven urologists with expertise in several sub-specialties work in various clinical practice sites within Capital Health, IWK Health Centre, Saint John Regional Hospital and St. Joseph’s Hospital. They also collaborate with community urologists in Dartmouth, Truro, Kentville and Sydney.
Programs and Services
- Clinical care
- Education of undergraduate, postgraduate students, other health professionals and the public
- Promotion of and participation in continuing medical education activities
- Leadership in the advancement and dissemination of knowledge through research
- Erectile dysfunction
- Functional urology
- Genitourinary oncology
- Kidney stones
- Laparoscopic urologic procedures
- Male infertility and andrology
- Prostate cancer
- Renal transplantation