Workplace Violence Prevention
Capital Health is committed to providing a work place that is free of harassment, violence and threats of violence. Capital Health acknowledges that violence in the workplace is an occupational health and safety hazard that can cause physical and emotional harm and we believe that physical and emotional safety is the right and responsibility of every person. We view any acts of violence or threats of violence in the workplace as unacceptable.
All members of Capital Health are responsible for creating and maintaining a safe environment. In all situations, if you witness or experience violence or threats of violence, take precautions to assure your own safety and the safety of others, report an incident to your Manager/Supervisor, call 902-473-SAFE (7233) and if needed, follow the Emergency Code White procedure for your facility.
In accordance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and The Violence in the Workplace Regulations, an employer must conduct a violence risk assessment for each of their workplaces and develop an action plan to address the risk in cases where the risk is identified to be unacceptable or significant.
- Violence Prevention Program
- Workplace Violence Prevention Plan (Sample)
- Workplace Violence Regulations Nova Scotia
- Workplace Violence Prevention Plan Checklist
- Workplace Violence Risk Assessment Form
- Workplace Violence Investigation Report
- Workplace Violence Investigation Report Checklist
This NVCI training is only for Central Zone employees at this time.
Workplace Violence Prevention Plan - This course is scheduled when there is a demand.
Non Violent Crisis intervention Courses - A half day refresher or one day certification. Training booklets (one per registrant) will be charged back to the registrant’s cost centre. Be sure to include your cost centre SAP number on your registration form, otherwise your registration will not go through. The cost of each booklet needed with this training is approximately $15.
Note: If you work for Mental Health Services or Addiction Services, sign in and register through Learning Management System (LMS).
Scheduled courses - Register via LMS
Full Day Training
- Thursday December 20th 2016 Weather Watch 5th floor Dickson 9:00am till 4:00pm
- Tuesday January 31st 2017 Cobequid Health Centre Room 3217 9:00 till 4:00pm
- Thursday February 16th 2017 Hugh Bell Lecture Hall Nova Scotia Hospital 9:00 till 3:30pm
- Tuesday March 14th 2017, Weather Watch 5th floor Dicksons 9:00 till 3:30
- Wednesday February 22nd, 2017 Room 5110 Dickson Building, 5th floor VG site 9:00am till 1:pm
- Wednesday March 22nd 2017 Room 5110 Dickson Buiding, 5th floor VG site 9:00am till 1:00pm
- Tuesday April 25th 2017 Weather Watch, Room 5110 Dickson Building VG site 9:00 till 1:00pm
Linda Doherty, Capital Health Safety Officer
1276 South Park Street
QEII Bethune Building, Room 245
Halifax, Nova Scotia, B3H 2Y9