Workplace Violence Prevention
Capital Health is committed to providing a work place that is free of harassment, violence and threats of violence. Capital Health acknowledges that violence in the workplace is an occupational health and safety hazard that can cause physical and emotional harm and we believe that physical and emotional safety is the right and responsibility of every person. We view any acts of violence or threats of violence in the workplace as unacceptable.
All members of Capital Health are responsible for creating and maintaining a safe environment. In all situations, if you witness or experience violence or threats of violence, take precautions to assure your own safety and the safety of others, report an incident to your Manager/Supervisor, call 902-473-SAFE (7233) and if needed, follow the Emergency Code White procedure for your facility.
In accordance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and The Violence in the Workplace Regulations, an employer must conduct a violence risk assessment for each of their workplaces and develop an action plan to address the risk in cases where the risk is identified to be unacceptable or significant.
- Violence Prevention Program
- Workplace Violence Prevention Plan (Sample)
- Workplace Violence Regulations Nova Scotia
- Workplace Violence Prevention Plan Checklist
- Workplace Violence Risk Assessment Form
- Workplace Violence Investigation Report
- Workplace Violence Investigation Report Checklist
- Workplace Violence Prevention Plan - This course is scheduled when there is a demand.
- Non Violent Crisis intervention Courses - A half day refresher or one day certification. Training booklets (one per registrant) will be charged back to the registrant’s cost centre. Be sure to include your cost centre SAP number on your registration form, otherwise your registration will not go through. The cost of each booklet needed with this training is approximately $14.
Note: If you work for Mental Health Services or Addiction Services, sign in and register through Learning Management System (LMS).
Scheduled courses - Register via LMS
- Wednesday, September 16, 2015 - NS Rehab Education Rooms 1 and 2- 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Wednesday October 21st 2015 - Bethune Ballroom 8:30am to 4:30pm
- Friday November 23rd 2015- Bethune Ballroom 8:30 to 4:30pm
- Tuesday January 12th 2016 Bethune Ballroom 8:30 till 4:30pm
- Thursday February 11, 2016 - Weather Watch 5th floor Dickson 8:00a.m to 4:00p.m
Thursday May 5, 2016 - Weather watch 5th floor Dickson 8:00a.m to 4:00p.m
Four hour Recertification
- Monday October 5th, 2015 -Bethune Ball Room-8:30a.m to 12:30p.m
- Friday October 9th , 2015 - Weather Watch 830am to 12:30
- Friday October 9th 2015 - Weather Watch 12:30 till 4:30pm
- Wednesday December 9th 2015 NS Rehab Education Rooms 1 & 2
- Monday, January 4, 2016 - 5th floor Dickson Building Weather Watch - 8:30a.m to 12:30p.m
- Tuesday January 26th 2015 -5th floor Dickson Building Weather Watch - 8:30am to 12:30pm
- Wednesday March 16, 2016 - 5th floor Dickson Building Weather Watch - 8:30a.m to 12:30p.m
- Thursday June 9, 2016 - 5th floor Dickson Building Weather Watch - 8:30a.m to 12:30p.m
Linda Doherty, Capital Health Safety Officer
1276 South Park Street
QEII Bethune Building, Room 245
Halifax, Nova Scotia, B3H 2Y9