Primary Health Care
Primary health care is a comprehensive approach to health and wellness that focuses on all of the factors that determine health across the lifespan, such as where people live, the state of the environment, relationships with friends and family, education and income levels, and genetics.
The majority of people experience most of their health care in the community, receiving primary care from family doctors, nurses, physiotherapists, pharmacists, dentists and other health care professionals. This network of community-based health care providers is known as the primary health care system and this is where most people seek advice for staying healthy and receive treatment for their health needs.
Learn more about Primary Health Care.
Healthy People, Healthy Communities
- Community Health Teams
- Community Health & Wellness Centre
- Community Wellness Centre
- Diabetes Management Centres
- Hants Health & Wellness Team
- Integrated Chronic Care Service
- Nova Scotia Brotherhood Initiative
- Primary Health Care Connections - Find a Family Practice
- Transitional Health Clinic for Refugees
- Your Way to Wellness