Physician Referral Process - Eating Disorder Clinic
A referral from a family doctor is required for the Eating Disorders Clinic.
- Once the referral is received, an assessment survey/questionnaire will be sent to the patient. It is important for this to be completed in order for the referral to be processed.
- Once the referral is processed, the patient will then be contacted for an individual assessment.
- If appropriate, the individual will be placed on a waitlist for a pre-treatment group called the Stages Group. This group is a required component for individuals participating in our program.
- The Stages Group is a four-session group that helps individuals learn more about the role of their eating disorder and their readiness to engage in treatment.
- If our services meet the needs of the individual and they are willing to engage in treatment, a treatment schedule will be designed specifically for them.