Halifax Community Health Board
As an active volunteer advisory board we listen to what our citizen's say is important about their health. Halifax Community Health Board works closely with Capital District Health Authority and other local community-based organizations to support and promote health and wellbeing in our neighbourhoods. We serve residents of Halifax peninsula and Fairview and are one of seven community health boards in Capital district.
Halifax Community Health Board:
- Identifies local health issues and shares that information with Capital Health
- Develops a Community Health Plan
- Fosters citizen engagement and community development
- Provides community development grants
- Participates in health services planning
- Advocates on community health issues
- Nominates candidates for the Capital Health Board of Directors
We believe achieving a healthy community is a shared responsibility that needs involvement from a wide variety of individuals, groups and sectors...not only health care services. You can help by sharing your thoughts about ways to make your community a better place to live, work and play.