A flu shot is the best way to protect yourself, your loved ones, patients and clients from the flu.
Capital Health’s Flu Immunization Campaign for employees, physicians, learners and volunteers runs from Monday, October 29 to Friday, November 16, 2012.
- Important Information about Influenza & Influenza Vaccine
- Staff Flu Clinic Schedule 2012
- Tips to Protect Yourself & Others from Influenza-like Illness
- Don't sit on the sidelines (flu poster)
- Is it a cold or influenza?
Information for RN Flu Immunization Champions
The following information for flu champions pertains ONLY to immunization of employees, physicians, learners and volunteers, not patients.
Thank you for agreeing to be a flu shot champion, protecting the health of your colleagues and our patients by providing employees in your area with the flu immunization. You will find all of the information you need below:
- Memo to Nurse Managers and Nurse Educators 2012
- Learning Module Immunization
- Statement on Seasonal Influenza Vaccine for 2012-2013 - NACI
- Fluviral - Product Monograph
- Fluviral Consent Form
- Agriflu - Product Monograph
- It's the Law: Reporting Adverse Events Following Immunization (AEFI)
- Report of Adverse Events Following Immunization (AEFI)
- Employee Health Standing Order - Influenza Immunization, Epinephrine & Benadryl
- Joint Position Statement Immunizations in NS Agencies Facilities 2012
- Immunization Guidelines for Registered Nurses
- Refrigerator Log Form
- Immunization Provider Toolkit for the Seasonal Influenza Program 2012-13
For any staff who have received their flu shot outside of the staff flu clinics, please e-mail the following to Mary Bourque in Employee Health so that you can be counted in our rates of staff immunization:
- Date of Birth
- Department you work in
- Date of receiving the flu shot