Where to find help - EDTN
There are many ways to get help for someone with an eating disorder. Depending on the individual and the level of distress, someone may use family support/self-help materials, seek outpatient care or may require an inpatient admission in hospital. The most important thing is to get the help you need and not feel embarrassed about needing help.
Almost all DHAs Services & Care in Nova Scotia have a mental health clinician or clinicians who work with people with eating disorders on an outpatient basis. The mental health clinician will work with you, your family, your family doctor, dietician, etc. as needed to provide you with the services you need. If you are interested in eating disorder outpatient treatment in Nova Scotia, choose your the closes DHA for more information.
There are many eating disorder programs in hospital settings across Canada. Most of these are associated with mental health programs in publically funded hospital settings. Often times a physician’s referral is required to access care at these programs. Note: Although provincial health insurance and private health insurance may help to offset the costs, most of these treatments do come at a cost to the care recipient.
There are several residential, privately funded treatment programs across Canada. If you are interested in information about some of these private residential centres in Canada.
- Bellwood Health Services in Toronto, ON
- Bridgepoint Centre for Eating Disorders in Milden, SK
- Cedars at Cobble Hill in Cobble Hill, BC
- Homewood Health Centre in Guelph, ON
- nedic Service Provider Directory - Eating Disorders & Weight Preoccupation
- Provincially Funded Programs: Inpatient / Residential / Outpatient / Day Hospital
- Westwind Eating Disorder Recovery Centre in Brandon, MB
- Woodstone Residence in Galiano Island, BC
There are many residential eating disorder treatment programs across the United States. Note: Most American treatment programs are privately funded. Although provincial health insurance and private health insurance may help to offset the costs, most of these treatments come at a cost to the care recipient.
- Carolina House in Durham, NC
- Center for Hope of the Sierras in Reno, NV
- Eating Disorders Resources for Recovery
- Eating Recovery Center in Denver, CO
- Laureate Eating Disorders Program in Tulsa, OK
- McCallum Place in St. Louis, MO
- Montecatini in Carlsbad, CA
- Oliver-Pyatt Center in South Miami, FL
- Sierra Tucson in Tucson, AZ
- Remuda Ranch in Chandler, AZ
- Renfrew Center at in Philadelphia, PA or Coconut Creek, FL
- Rosewood Ranch in Wickenburg, AZ
- Tapestry Treatment Program for Eating Disorders in Brevard, NC
- Timberline Knolls in Chicago, IL