The INSPIRED COPD Outreach Program
What is The INSPIRED COPD Outreach Program?
The INSPIRED COPD Outreach Program brings together a team of professionals to provide education and support to people with COPD and their families in their homes to help them cope better with COPD.
What are the benefits of the The INSPIRED COPD Outreach Program?
We provides the following:
- Home-based education according to your needs. This includes information about caring for your lungs, medications and use of your inhalers, home oxygen (if your doctor has prescribed it for you) and coping with your lung disease.
- A “COPD Action Plan” to help manage COPD and its acute flare-ups so that you can treat infections early and avoid trips to the Emergency Department.
- Help with navigating the healthcare system and gaining access to programs/services that may be helpful to you.
- An opportunity to discuss advance care planning.
- A contact number you can call between 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. on weekdays where you will be able to speak to a respiratory therapist if you have questions or concerns about your COPD.
Is there a cost?
- There is no cost for participating in the INSPIRED Program.
Who can join The INSPIRED COPD Outreach Program?
- The INSPIRED COPD Outreach Program currently accepts referrals from healthcare providers (doctors, nurses, respiratory therapists, etc.) for patients that meet our eligibility criteria.
How do I join?
- If you are a patient with advanced COPD who meets our eligibility criteria and would like to be part of the The INSPIRED COPD Outreach Program, please ask your family physician or respirologist to fill out The INSPIRED COPD Outreach Program Referral. If you have any questions about The INSPIRED COPD Outreach Program and whether you are eligible, feel free to contact us.